21 April 2011

Dear Mama

Dear Mama
By: John B. Juat

Dear Mama, do you hear me whisper?
I’m calling you from within “mother, mother”.
Can you understand me? I really wonder.
Listen for a while, mom, I don’t mean to bother.

Dear Mama, I want to learn to crawl, sit and stand
I want to learn to walk as you guide me by the hand
I want you bathe me, tickle me, hug me, and let me understand
That you’ll love and guide me by your loving hand

Dear Mama, I want to become a baby.
I want to learn to count from one to three
I want to learn the alphabet from A to Z
I want to see you smile each time I say “mommy”

Dear Mama, I want to be able to study in school
There I can meet and play with friends. Isn’t that cool?
I want my knowledge to be like water in a swimming pool
I want to be able to proudly tell you, “Mom, you rule!”

Dear Mama, I want to spend a lot of time with the friends I meet
I want to go to the mall to shop, watch a movie and grab a bite to eat
I want to be responsible and independent; I want to stand on my 2 feet
And by the time I’m 18, I already want to be in the driver seat

Dear Mama, I want to finish my college education
I want you to wear my medal on stage upon my graduation
I want to let you know it’s worth paying for my tuition
Because I will have what it takes to fulfill my dream, my mission

Dear Mama, I want to find work and earn enough money
So that someday I can be able to support a family
I also want to be a responsible citizen and give back to the community
And help in whatever way I can to alleviate poverty

Dear Mama, after long years of being blessed with a special friendship
And after a few years of knowing my possible partner in courtship
I now want to be able to have a romantic relationship
Where together with my dearest love, we’ll endure every kind of hardship

Dear mama, i want to start and support my own family,
And raise up well the children God will grant me.
I wish to generate life as to share with them true charity.
Bonded in unity and love, our family will surely be happy

Dear Mama, when my time has come, I want to see Jesus face to face
And forever I will be happy in this peaceful and glorious place
I want to join the company of angels in singing songs of praise
And simply take my rest for all eternity enjoying His loving embrace

You see, mama, there’s a lot of things that I want to do
My entire future is in your hands, it’s all up to you
Let me be your choice mama, show that your love for me is true.
So that someday all my dreams could come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment